|% of Sicot 74BRF||Staple
|Year||2014||Trial Type||N/A||Trial Design||RCBD||Balance of Field||Sicot 80RRF|
|Planted||09/12/13||Picked||07/07/14||Previous Crop||Wheat||Established Method||Fallow Moisture|
|Plant Stand/m||5.2||Rainfall (defoliation mm)||258||Incrop irrigations||0||Soil applied insecticide||No|
|Nitrogen (kg/ha N)||0||Phosphorus (kg/ha P)||0||Potassium (kg/ha K)||0.0||Zinc (kg/ha Z)||0.0|
|Heliothis sprays||4||Insect sprays||4||Pix applied (L/ha)||600.0||Days to defoliation||187|
We had planned to plant this field in October but it didnt receive enough rain to join up with the sub soil moisture until December. In the end I am pleased we didnt plant until December because the yield was 3 times better than the early planted crop. Planting moisture was only just enough. We started planting 2 days after the storm dropped 40 mm and even so the plant stand declined for every day after that.
The crop was only a few inches high when the temperature hit 48 degrees C and by the time it started to flower the conditions were near ideal. A good fall of rain in early March turned the crop into a very good one.